TO PARENTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN
MAY WE SUGGEST:
1. Relax! God put the wiggle in children -- don't feel that
you have to
suppress it in God's house. Children are always welcome in the
worship service. Help them to feel that they are a treasured
part of the congregation.
2. Sit towards the front where it's easier to see and hear.
3. Use a gentle touch; an arm around your child's shoulder,
in his/hers to give reassurance and appropriate attention.
4. Quietly explain the parts of the service.
5. Help your child find the pages in the bulletin and hymnal.
6. Do not be distressed if your child doesn't find the proper page.
7. Sing the hymns, pray, voice the responses.
Children learn liturgical behavior by copying yours.
8. If your child needs to leave the service, do so, but please come back.
9. Always remember that the way we welcome children in church
directly affects the way they respon to church and God.
PRESCHOOL AGE CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS WELCOME IN
OUR NURSERY. ROCKING CHAIRS ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR
USE IN THE REAR OF THE SANCTUARY.
THE CRIB ROOM HAS ROCKING CHAIRS, CHANGING TABLE,
CRIB, AND THE WORSHIP SERVICE BROADCAST ON
CLOSED-CIRCUIT TV FOR NURSING OR FUSSY
BABIES AND THEIR PARENTS.
Fields United Methodist Church
34077 Lorain Road
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039